Check Out Our Staff Bios
Dave Linz, MBA, MS
Client Services Director
Dave has provided technical, marketing, business planning, product development, and financing assistance to over 500 entrepreneurs in technology-based and manufacturing businesses in Wisconsin. Highlights of Dave’s career include:
- Introducing and implementing Business Model Canvases and Lean Startup methods throughout the State
- Assisting clients to acquire over $20M in capital including SBIR/STTR funding
- Fostering industry-university collaborations including Milwaukee’s tech-assistance BizStarts Program
- Co-leading an SBIR assistance program that included webinars and training and provided proposal development support
- Dave earned a BS in Chemical engineering and an MS in Nuclear Engineering from the University of Arizona; and earned an MBA from Webster University
Bon Wikenheiser, MBA
CTC Operations Director
SBDC State Director
In addition to serving as Operations Director at the CTC, Bon is State Director of the Wisconsin Small Business Development Center (SBDC) network, which serves the entire state through 12 campus-based centers and three specialty centers. Prior to her work with the UW-Extension Division for Business and Entrepreneurship, she served as State Director of the North Dakota Small Business Development Center, overseeing a 17-office network. She was also director of corporate programming and director of the Emerging Leaders Academy in Business for the Harold Schafer Leadership Center at the University of Mary, where she earned her Master of Business Administration and nursing degrees. She has been a recipient of a Small Business Innovation Research grant, owner and operator of multiple small businesses, and reviewer on a national panel for SBIR grant applicants.
Senior Technology Consultant
Todd has worked in product development and product management in entrepreneurial firms and in industry. He currently assists entrepreneurs and their businesses with federal funding acquisition through the SBIR/STTR programs and assists the team with commercialization efforts. Highlights of Todd’s work include:
- Writing successful SBIR applications
- Managing SBIR-funded projects for development of innovation in the life sciences
- Serving as a federal SBIR reviewer for proposal submissions
- Serving as a reviewer for Center for Technology Commercialization pre-submission SBIR/STTR reviews
- Product development within an entrepreneurial setting in a life sciences startup
- Management of multi-million dollar product lines in the life sciences industry
Idella Yamben, PhD
CTC Business Development Consultant
Ideadvance Program Manager
Idella is the Business Development Consultant for the Center for Technology Commercialization (CTC). Her responsibilities include curriculum development and training for CTC’s Lean Startup seed funding programs, Ideadvance and SBIR Advance. Idella also directs new program development and outreach activities. Highlights of Idella’s career include:
- Manages curriculum, teaching and administration for Ideadvance Seed fund.
- Manages curriculum and teaching in the SBIR Advance Matching grant program.
- Coached more than 60 teams through Lean Startup programming resulting in product launches including $313K in sales and company reported capital infusion of more than $4M
- Leads CTC Federal and State Technology Grant Partnership initiatives focused on attracting and advancing early stage scientists to create successful SBIR/STTR projects.
- Co-Developed SBIR Ready and SBIR Lab programming.
- Idella earned BS in biology from University of Chicago and a PhD in Cellular and Molecular Biology from UW-Madison
Margaret Ramey, Outreach Specialist
Margaret is the Outreach Specialist for the Center for Technology Commercialization (CTC). Her responsibilities include administration,and outreach for CTC programs. Highlights of Margaret's career include:
- Coordinating outreach efforts for the Center for Technology Commercialization
- Coordinating CTC training events including webinars and in-person training
- Administering CTC micro-grants on behalf of clients
- Margaret earned her BS in Biology from the University of Illinois - Champaign/Urbana